Hiring a dental hygienist for a high-end private dental clinic setting. You will assist the dentist in various procedures and operation of x-ray machines. To do well in this role you should have a current state hygiene license and previous experience as a dental hygienist.
- Using dental instruments to clean accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Looking for indications of oral cancer by feeling lymph nodes under patient chins for signs of tenderness or swelling.
- Noting and reviewing patient medical history.
- Using probes to examine and locate periodontal recessed gums and other signs of gum disease.
- Recording dental decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentists.
- Maintaining dental equipment and x-ray machine.
- Feeling and visually examining gums for signs of disease, sores, and other dental health issues.
- Exposing and developing x-ray film.
- Sharpening and sterilizing dental instruments.
- Promoting preventative dental care to improve patient oral health care.
- Applying fluorides and other dental decay prevention agents.
- Working with dentists and dental assistants.
- Maintaining a dental hygiene program for patients.
- US Licensed Dental Hygienist.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited hygiene program.
- State hygiene license.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Current on Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Ability to administer local anesthetic agents.
- Able to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Knowledgeable about oral hygiene and dental health.